Railroad Forums 

• Danish train accident

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1495482  by David Benton

Can't figure out how to link on my phone, but it is on the front page of BBC.com.
It seems unclear at this stage what the passenger train has actually hit. Definitely some beer and tarpulins, but other reports say a whole container came off the freight train. This seems more likely to me.
 #1495489  by DutchRailnut

the train has trailers, not containers, it seems that one of trailers may have come unhitched from railcar and shifted .
 #1495501  by David Benton

Correct Dutchrailnut.I didn't see the wheels in a previous photo on my phone,and thought they were swapbody containers. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swap_body" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1496028  by george matthews

I have travelled on a train crossing that bridge. But in the Summer when high winds are unlikely. It seems that kind of freight train should at least be restricted during high winds and probably the rules on loading freight should be tightened up.
 #1496052  by DutchRailnut

don't think wind was real problem, real problem was the trailer not being locked in stand and having shifted.
 #1496066  by ExCon90

True--maybe what they need to tighten up on is rigorous inspection of securement devices before leaving the origin and at intermediate points. That accident didn't need to be on a bridge to happen.