Railroad Forums 

• Plinthed railwayanas in Lima

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1372075  by Benny

After approximately two years I came back to the plinthed loco in La Victoria district's (see the FCCA topic) and, as usual, vandals made their job. All glasses have been broken, frames taken out and the interiors became a meeting point for drunkens instead of being used as a control point by guards as projected.
r1.jpg
r1.jpg (112.35 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
On the side are plinthed various components (someones have been stolen), between them two 16 cylinders engines.
r2.jpg
r2.jpg (176.62 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
There is also a strange apparatus: I think it is the expansion tank for the cooling system; have you a better idea?
r4.jpg
r4.jpg (185.5 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Ciao :wink:
 #1372123  by NorthWest

Interesting that they have all that equipment out in the yard. In the US, the locomotive would be fenced in to protect it from vandals and protect others from injuring themselves around it.

I'm sort of confused as to why they have two prime movers out in the yard when the locomotive could only have one...

Good to see one preserved at any rate...
 #1372129  by philipmartin

I'm glad to see that the US isn't the only country with vandals. Misery loves company. But seriously, the shell of the locomotive looks good. Glass can always be replacerd. Perhaps Lima doesn't want the expense of gards.
 #1372183  by Benny

NorthWest wrote:Interesting that they have all that equipment out in the yard. In the US, the locomotive would be fenced in to protect it from vandals and protect others from injuring themselves around it.

I'm sort of confused as to why they have two prime movers out in the yards when the locomotive could only have one...

Good to see one preserved at any rate...
This is the arcanum. There are two prime movers and no main generator. I don't have memory if it was there and then has been stolen or never it has been plinthed.

#1372185  by Benny

philipmartin wrote:I'm glad to see that the US isn't the only country with vandals. Misery loves company. But seriously, the shell of the locomotive looks good. Glass can always be replacerd. Perhaps Lima doesn't want the expense of gards.
La Victoria council put stairs on the loco side because it was intended to use cabs as permanent control sites but the problem is that municipality guards are taken only because friends of councillors so are not very interested in doing a good job...

#1411241  by Benny

Recently a new shopping mall opened in San Juan de Lurigancho and a week ago this coach has been put in front of it. It is a strage carriage because is standard gauge but with a short chassis. It was possibly a scrap because I saw various rebuilt wooden parts.
D125 vett. a SJM.jpg
D125 vett. a SJM.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 1521 times

#1551825  by Benny

Covid effects.
The bar-restaurant coach in Barranco (the one with "extension") has been closed and put for sale, presumably because of the long closing for quarantine and the fault of distance between tables.
If someone wants to put it on his own garden... :-D
IMG_20200905_155637.jpg
IMG_20200905_155637.jpg (198.36 KiB) Viewed 940 times
 #1551865  by Benny

Sadly here there are not railway museums.

#1563549  by Benny

Today I discovered another coach that is used as library in a big park of the Comas district.
carrozza biblioteca Parque zonal Comas.jpg
carrozza biblioteca Parque zonal Comas.jpg (150.61 KiB) Viewed 727 times
What sounds me strange is that length and three-axle bogies
carrello 3 assi vettura Comas.jpg
carrello 3 assi vettura Comas.jpg (65.35 KiB) Viewed 727 times
are not very suitable for the Ferrocarril Central,

Another new. Loco 706, that was plinthed in a small park of La Victoria district, has been removed (and probably scrapped) because became a dem of stragglers.