Railroad Forums 

• D&RGW Aspen Branch

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#903616  by Photogdad

I have found some info on the Aspen Branch of the Tennessee Pass on the D&RGW. What I have not found are photos, either current or past of the branch. I was wondering if anyone has more info and/or photos mainly of the southern portion (near Aspen, CO)? Thanks in advance.
 #1012684  by jabsteam

The D&RGW Aspen Branch is long gone and is now a bicycle trail.
We rode it on track speeders Glenwood Springs to Carbondale (end of track) around 2004.
Then the rails were pulled up, and the Roaring Fork Bike trail was created, Glenwood Springs to Aspen.
FWIW, the old Colorado Midland RWy roadbed (abandoned 1918), the first standard gauge RR thru the Rocky Mountains, parallels it Basalt to Glenwood Springs.