Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning - Barstow CA

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1501323  by UP 7076

Hi all;

I hope everyone is well. I hope to visit Barstow CA next Friday between 7:30am-13:00.

A few questions - do trains pass at speed here photography wise or given its a yard more slowly?

I have picked a day with cloudy weather forecast as I’m aware the sun will backlit photos from the station. Are there any other vantage points or indeed that of the BNSF depot?

Also roughly how many trains may possibly run on that route in the timeframe? I’m aware Barstow sees UP and BNSF traffic so in theory I’d settle for four-five trains and hour if I’m really lucky.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Michael