Railroad Forums 

• Black Mesa & Lake Powell

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1458220  by ChrisU

Hello everyone I'm in the process of planning a 3-4 day trip to Arizona before I start a new job and no longer have the time to, the BM&LP has been on my list of things to see for many years. I have done a lot of searching on the internet and can't seem to find any current information on daily operations other than news about the plants impending closure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Thanks
Chris
 #1501326  by AmtrakLocomotiveEngineer

I too am seeking information on this operation, as well as the Navajo Mine Railroad operation. Fortunately for you, just using Google will help you a great deal with researching the BM&P. I've seen photos and videos on Facebook and YouTube which help with scouting out photo/video locations. I read somewhere online that the operation's future is very uncertain after October of 2019. This and the fact that I read about diesels beginning to replace the electrics got me motivated to make the journey to railfan these lines before they have become a thing of the past.

I'm struggling with attempting to find ways to photograph the Navajo Mine operation before heading out there next week as it seems to be even more isolated than the BM&P!