Railroad Forums 

• SLC, Ogden, Provo.

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1446944  by theseaandalifesaver

Hey y'all,

I finally have some time off next week and I'm renting a car and heading to one of the only parts of the country i'm fairly unfamiliar with. Utah. This is going to be a solo 3 day trip from Seattle and aside from vegan food and some local coffee roasters, I'd like to make it as railman focused as possible.

I'd super like some recommendations for things I should see. The museum in Ogden is on my list but anything else would be super appreciated. I'm very into stuff that tends to be off the beaten path. Abandoned train stations, abandoned rail lines, abandoned trains, etc.

Also rad places that aren't abandoned. Like yards, turntables, stations that are still on mainlines but aren't used.

Thanks so much!