Railroad Forums 

• New to the fourm - Quick question

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1430206  by Nesbittaudia4

Greetings,

I just moved to San Francisco, Ca from the east coast. My interest in trains and photographing trains grew as I was driving across the country and was able to catch photos of the freight trains with the western mountain backdrops.

I am looking to keep building on that. I did some pretty cool ones of the trolleys on the hills of SF already.

I am curious if there are any steam powered or coal powered trains that still go out on the tracks any where near San Francisco? Thank you for any help that anyone can offer.
 #1430229  by Nesbittaudia4

Thanks! I am looking at their site now. As some bonus info, do you happened to know which they travel out of the station? Looking at the map and I am thinking they are going south out the station and going east. Any idea?