Railroad Forums 

• DFW area

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1389104  by gprimr1

Dallas Area Freight.

Anyone have any idea where I can find information on Dallas area freights?

It looks like there are a ton of spurs and sidings,especially around Arlinton Texas, and I'd love to find out what's active and what's not.
 #1389272  by gprimr1

How do you even get close to the diamond?
 #1390470  by Semaphore Sam

"How do you even get close to the diamond?"

I was there before the new North-South line was put in; probably difficult, but worth a try. Again, the area could be dangerous, but so are many rail venues. Sam
 #1400972  by electricron

Tower 55 is hard to get to anymore although it would be the best single locale for train spotting in the DFW area. In the future Tower 60 would be far more assessable when TexRail's northside station gets built, it'll see most of the north-south traffic but none of the east-west traffic you see at Tower 55. But you can see the east-west traffic from Tower 55 at the TRE's T&P station platforms, which is easily assessable today.