Railroad Forums 

• Albuquerque Maps

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1168232  by photoguy2

Hello all, I'm new here, so if I'm doing something wrong, please forgive me.

This weekend I'm traveling to Albuquerque to railfan. I was wounding if there are any maps available that show the track layout (Both main and yard track) and milepost detectors. I want to be able to know what I am hearing on the radio.

Thank you very much.

Matthew
 #1171746  by Backshophoss

The only action you might have seen would have been NMRX weekend service,Amtrak #4 +#3,and the Belen-ABQ "shuttles" hauling
intermodel freight(UPS trailers for the most part),and the weekly MTY Auto rack train to El Paso Tx or Richmond Ca depending on need.
NMRX DS is on 161.400(AAR 20),MP 904.5 is a pair of electric locked switches into the main yard/intermodel/auto rack yards near
Woodward Ave.
A WARNING TO ALL: CP E ISLETA AND CP S ISLETA are on tribal lands and are OFF LIMITS for photos/video,Tribal Police will ENFORCE
this,ALL tribal lands are considered nations under US and NM laws.
The same is true Between the US 550 station to the I-25 overpass near the switch to Rosario including the station platform at Kewa
(Domingo). It's their land and laws-RESPECT it

I realize this is posted after the weekend you were in the area,hope this helps in the future.