Railroad Forums 

• Trying to find out about tracks in Stanton, California

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1099471  by Rbts Stn

Posted this in Canadian Railfan (misread Canadian as California) by mistake. Hope someone can answer or point me towards an answer

My in laws are considering moving to the area to be closer to the grandchildren, and one of the places they are considering is on Katella, near Western Avenue. Since I can't go out there to look, I can use my Google map skillz to look for any potential issues. And I see tracks that appear to be freights, heading north, halfway between Beach and Western that then turn east (extensively) and west (appear to end before Knott ave).

Any idea how much traffic these tracks see, especially in that stretch from Chapman to Katella, and east north of Katella to Dale street and beyond?

Thanks!