Railroad Forums 

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#857421  by Benjamin Maggi

Welcome! What brings you to the A&A forums? Have you ridden on their railroad recently? Have you seen it while driving through town? We are a great group of guys here with plenty of knowledge to go around (sort of) so if you have any questions just read the old threads and then ask away!
 #857450  by jgallaway81

Welcome to the group, you'll find many of us have personal connections to the A&A...

There are a few of us here who own stock, and several employees and past employees.

We have lots of great stories to tell if you want to listen, so pull yourself up a keyboard, pour yourself a butterbeer and enjoy the conversation :-)
 #857804  by Benjamin Maggi

Butterbeer? Never heard of it before!
 #858464  by BigIronHorse

Well my name is Jim and like almost every youngster - I had a love for trains. Some of us grow up and out of it and there are those that dont- I never did. I have ridden the A&A many times and have done so recently. My father used to take me back when I was younger in the fall every year. Have any of you guys ridden recently or will be possibly riding on the fall excursions? 1 more month left of steam!!
 #858688  by jgallaway81

I worked for the railroad from 1998 until 2002, and continued to serve as volunteer webmaster until 2007. Having ridden the train many times, I think I burned myself out for a while. Since I resigned, I've only ridden the train the trip when Extreme Makeover: Train Edition did over the handicap rail car.

Course, I am kind of spoiled... in addition to being within a hour of the East Broad Top, I am also a locomotive engineer for a class 1 railroad.

I noticed last month when I took my kids on the EBT that being a passenger doesn't hold the same allure for me as riding in the cab does.

Hopefully when my kids are old enough to truly enjoy the trip, I'll have a good time when I take them on the A&A.