Railroad Forums 

• With your membership pledge...

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#816314  by Mountcastle

Flipping through channels just now I've landed on a membership pledge break on WNED: they're broacasting a program about steam tourist railways, and passes to the Arcade & Attica RR are part of "your gift when you pledge to support WNED".

The hosts are showing images of the website and great video of 18 and the train crossing the trestle, travelling through the countryside, and rolling over grade crossings, while describing the railroad and the trip. It's great to see.

The show is great, too. I'm so impressed by some of the railroads I'm seeing in this video, especially by the immaculate condition of their equipment. It's so nice to see those shiny locomotives, tenders, and coaches. Just beautiful. It's amazing to see footage of these locomotives and their clean-as-a-whistle cabs, with their shiny brass fixtures; and inspiring to see the crew members, in every case, taking such pride in their engines; washing and polishing them, spit shining valves and knobs as they go about their work. Amazing.

As they interview the crew of these trains, the familiar strains prevail: "I took one ride on this train when I was a kid and I was hooked for life; it's in my blood." What a great program. Good for PBS.
 #816447  by Benjamin Maggi

Mountcastle wrote:As they interview the crew of these trains, the familiar strains prevail: "I took one ride on this train when I was a kid and I was hooked for life; it's in my blood." What a great program. Good for PBS.
Sounds like they were interviewing Pat or Brad in the cab...
 #817166  by umtrr-author

My father mentioned to me that New Jersey Public Television recently did a pledge drive using a video of railroad tourist lines, which I assume (pretty safely I think) is the same as what's described here. I asked what the "thank you gift" was and he couldn't recall; I expect it might be something a little closer to him than the A&A.