Railroad Forums 

• Diesel on regular trains???

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#712112  by Benjamin Maggi

Well, the diesel will be on at least one of their regular trains: ORANGE DAY!

From their website: http://www.arcadeandatticarr.com/events.php3

ORANGE DAY ON THE A&A!!
Sunday, Sept 20th
12:00 & 2:30 p.m. Rain date: Sept 27th

Come ride behind our little "orange" engine! "Simply Allis AC Collectors of NY" will have their beautiful "orange" tractors on display at our "orange" Curriers Depot.Visit with our country farm critters,or treat the kids to a real "live" pony ride! -Hot dogs and ice cream, including "orange creamsicles" available - Come spend a fun filled day in the country!
 #713777  by CCole1983

This weekend we ran with steam exclusively. They're trying out a new coal, so hopefully whatever issues were present no longer are.
 #714914  by Otto Vondrak

CCole1983 wrote:This weekend we ran with steam exclusively. They're trying out a new coal, so hopefully whatever issues were present no longer are.
I never got an answer from the railroad from my inquiry... I hope the "FRA" situation was cleared up.

-otto-
 #714994  by CCole1983

I think, judging by what has happened the last couple weekends now, that the situation is cleared up. The new coal is working fine, and with us pretty much running exclusively on weekends the various government agencies won't be on our backs.
 #715021  by Mountcastle

I'm looking forward to "Orange Day". Will this be like a "White Party" or a "Black Party" at which you get in at a reduced admission rate if you're wearing the color of the theme? Because I have an orange polo shirt. :wink: Just kidding...tickets are cheap enough as things are. I have to say, at $12.00, you really do get alot of bang for your buck at the A&A.

Ironic, though, that they should celebrate "Orange Day" after painting the train green. Looking forward to it, just the same.
 #715291  by Benjamin Maggi

I think the proper way to approach it is "orange you glad you came out to ride with us today." [Ducks Tomatoes] :-)
 #715546  by nessman

Otto Vondrak wrote:I'm going to make a call to the railroad and find out myself, as "FRA" sounds like an incomplete explanation to me.
Did you find anything out?
 #715673  by Benjamin Maggi

Otto Vondrak wrote:I never got an answer from the railroad from my inquiry... I hope the "FRA" situation was cleared up.
Based on this response Nessman, I am guessing he didn't get a response.