Railroad Forums 

• William Reddy

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#628855  by BSOR Patarak

To all of those railroad researchers and fans of the Wellsville, Addison and Galeton, the Pittsburgh, Shawmut and Northern or the Buffalo & Susquehanna, it is a sad day. It is with a heavy heart that I have to report the passing of Mr. William Reddy. I have few details. He will truly be missed. As a long time railroad employee and then historian, he has touched many lives here in Western New York and around the country. I for one had visited him many times in my quest for knowledge on the A&A and surrounding railroads. Few if any questions stumped him. Every time he'd find something new to show me! He actually led me in my research by showing me the resources to find what I was looking for. I owe a lot to him. He was one of the few individuals I'd met that had been on many of the really early A&A fan trips to see the line first hand! I met Bill the first year I worked for the A&A on a Three Rivers Narrow Gauge society charter run.

I can't tell you how many historical societies he was involved with as well. Many would know him for purchasing his last house along the Right of Way of the Buffalo & Susquehanna at Centerville! He was always eager to discuss and share his collection with those interested.

Rest in peace my friend!

It was mentioned that there may be a public memorial for Bill later into May. I will post more as I know the details.
 #630729  by Mountcastle

I'm sure we, all of us, join in expressing our sincere condolences on the passing of your good friend, Pat. Thank you for sharing a glimpse of his life with us. We who frequent this forum and who have, in doing so, come to value your years of research and your vast knowledge of local railroading history can only likewise appreciate the contributions of a man who was your mentor.

May he enjoy everlasting peace and happiness in the arms of the Great Conductor.
 #631104  by Benjamin Maggi

Ever since marrying my wife (who grew up for a time in Wellsville) I have been trying to get more information about the WAG. Did he ever author a book about it?
 #631187  by thebigham

^No. The WAG book is by Edward A Lewis. One is for sale on eBay right now.

The Wellsville library has a copy along with all the Paul Pietrak books.
 #631908  by Benjamin Maggi

I STILL cannot find it on EBay, even after searching "Ed" "edward" "lewis" "railroad" "book" and "WELLSVILLE." Multiple combinations of these and still no book on the WAG. Can someone post the link to the EBay auction? Thanks.
 #633356  by thebigham

The auction must have ended soon after I posted. I'll be on the lookout for a new auction.
 #634133  by Benjamin Maggi

Mountcastle,
Thanks for the info. I have seen it online, and actually posted a link to it above in one of my posts. I still want a paper copy, though. I will keep looking.
 #634313  by Mountcastle

Oops. Guess I boarded the express train to Cluelessville, that day. Sorry, Ben.
 #634746  by Benjamin Maggi

That's okay. You can always jump off before you arrive at the station...
 #639120  by thebigham

eBay has a WAG book up for auction.

Item number: 230326170886
 #639247  by Benjamin Maggi

Thanks for the heads up. Whenever I check on EBay I never seem to see one. Finally, one I can buy!