Railroad Forums 

• YOUR Arcade & Attica!

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#601000  by JT76

Oh man, thats a lot to take in! I would love to see the line re connect with Attica but that would be beyond the 50 million. I would Fix up the Arcade station, try to bring it back to its 1920's appearence. The engine house would be restored and i would build a true to form 1920's engine terminal (water tower, coaling tower, sand tower etc) that would be viewable to the public. I think everyone would return # 14 to steam, so thats a given :-D .. make both of them like A&A locos of the 1917- WWII era.... Hell maybe even paint up 18 like a Buffalo and Susquehanna steamer, considering the line's heritage. I would bring the tracks from Arcade to Reisdorf's mill up to snuff so i could run dinner trains without people wearing their meals. Which brings me to my next plan, dinner trains. Rennovate a couple of the coaches into diners for a weekend evening dinner train..... pulled by doubleheaded 14 and 18 :wink: . I would also try to generate some new frieght business along the line, purchase some land and persuade some business to set up shop there, and provide it with rail service. Maybe purchase some rolling stock to help generate revenue, painted in the Classic A&A scheme like with the HO scale cars. Im sure many other things that escape me at the moment... besides little things like install a wye at curriers and at the end of the line.
 #602319  by Benjamin Maggi

I would take the entire $50 million and invest it somehow into creating new business customers for the railroad. And... maybe restore #14 or one of the cabooses.
 #605097  by Otto Vondrak

Mountcastle wrote:YOUR Arcade & Attica Railroad!
Here are a few Arcade & Attica 'fantasy' scenarios to ponder and have fun with...
Er... don't we have enough speculation and fantasy already? I'd prefer if we stuck to actual news and events.

-otto-the-killjoy-
 #605449  by Mountcastle

Er... don't we have enough speculation and fantasy already?
I haven't seen as much in these fora, but if you say so. I just thought it might be something fun for A&A enthusiasts, a sort of 'what if' scenario. My apologies, everyone.
 #605815  by tomjohn

About this topic "your ARCADE AND ATTICA RR" it is wishful thinking ... Is what I think!
 #605863  by Mountcastle

Well, yes, that was the whole point of the thread: wishful thinking. Against canon law, apparently, so let's just genuflect and move on.