Railroad Forums 

• A&A in Hollywood

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#551593  by howie729

From what I have heard the Arcade and Attica has been chosen to be in a movie! I don't know many details. From what I have heard the setting is the great depresion which makes the 1920 steam engine right for the part. I have been trying to find more info on this but not much available at this time. If anyone knows more info....Spill!

Scott Howard
 #551633  by steamfan6325

My Dad and I were there (at the railroad) Saturday the 28th and My Dad said he heard something to the same effect. I can't confirm anything though. Interesting!
 #551872  by Benjamin Maggi

This would be news to me as well. I hope that the movie will be in black and white, because I doubt that they had bright orange coaches in the depression era! It would be really cool if it was true.
 #551897  by med-train

This was covered in the Batavia Daily News

Daily News, The (Batavia, NY) - June 25, 2008

Film crew may jump aboard A&A Railroad for movie
ARCADE -- The Arcade & Attica Railroad is used to the spotlight. It was one of the first railroads nationwide to focus on steam-powered tourist trains. So it's become well-known in railroading circles and among Western New Yorkers.There's a chance the railroad could gain far greater exposure this summer. A film company is considering the line for a inclusion in a movie about the Southern Tier's forgotten gangster past."This...
 #752145  by Benjamin Maggi

Is there any new information to this story? Was anything ever done?
 #752191  by jgallaway81

I haven't seen anything new on the website.