Railroad Forums 

• Reprint A&A book?

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#489730  by tomjohn

This is just a observation from earlier posts is anyone going to reprint the ARCADE & ATTICA RR book of E.A. Lewis's? I know it was mentioned earlier, I can not locate that particular post, could anyone be of assistance?

Tom

#490913  by Benjamin Maggi

Do you mean reprinted, updated, or both? As for reprinted (meaning printing the 2nd edition from 1973), I doubt it will. It is outdated already, and copies are on EBay almost monthly. The 1st edition is on EBay about three times a year. Both can usually be had for under $25.

As for an updated version, he has said that he has no desire to write a third edition. He has moved on to other railroads and other things. If I remember correctly, he was set to retire soon from the Aberdeen & Rockfish Railroad down south.

As for plans for a book about the A&A authored by someone else, I cannot comment personally on it. I know several people who have expressed an interest in it, and one person who is more than interested. However, it is not my place to speak for them.

A new book would be nice, though.

#490965  by jgallaway81

the really major problem with the idea of a third edition is that all the people involved with the railroad over the last three decades, that have the capability and the interest, are biased in the issues. A political fight within the supporters has caused a mega rift, and neither side, myself included, would be capable of presenting the history of the last fifteen years with any sort of neutrality.

If I had access to the historical information from 73 thru 89, I'd be willing to give it a shot. But since I don't, I am not planning on it.