Railroad Forums 

• New Website & New Community

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#488346  by jgallaway81

Well, its official, we have a new website.

Now, before you visit the site, please keep this in mind: the design concept was based on changing over to PHP. Unfortunately, in order to get online now, I went with a straight HTML infrastructure. The guy who was supposed to do the site's kernel code and database setup hasn't been online since the 25th of December.

I'm not sure if I can do this on my own, but I'm gonna try in order to start the infopedia's growth.

The A&A Society is now online, albeit, just the 'home' & 'about' pages.

http://www.anarr.com/

#488532  by Benjamin Maggi

I tried to "sign up" and it gave me an error screen. I am still excited about the new website though. Nice start.

#488534  by howie729

Looking good. Can't wait to join!

Scott Howard

#488677  by jgallaway81

Thanks guys, I appreciate your interest.

Like I said, the entire site is jus the home & about pages.

Unless someone else is willing to step forward and help out with the coding though, I'm not sure I'll be able to go much farther.

Since being cut by the A&A, I've realized my skills were long ago surpased by the new languages used on the net. My skills are just for pure HTML.

I 'could' do the site in HTML, but the type of coding and structure design need for a site like this would make it untenible at the least. No doubt it wouldn't take long to lose interest in doing the site.

Ben, would you please email me? I need a favor from someone back in NY. jgallaway81 at anarr dot com
 #489011  by tomjohn

Benjamin Maggi wrote:I tried to "sign up" and it gave me an error screen. I am still excited about the new website though. Nice start.

I too tried to sign up but it gave me this message below, what's happening?

Tom

404 Error - File Not Found
          We do apologize, however the file or page you are looking for cannot be found at this time. Please consider using our sitemap to locate the resource you are looking for.   
Sincerely,                

I.T. Admin                
 #489106  by med-train

tomjohn wrote:
Benjamin Maggi wrote:I tried to "sign up" and it gave me an error screen. I am still excited about the new website though. Nice start.

I too tried to sign up but it gave me this message below, what's happening?

Tom
J D has stated earlier here that the pieces do not work yet.

Hugh

#517042  by jgallaway81

Alright, here is an update on 'The A&A Society'.

I've tried developing an interactive backend using both a wiki-engine and joomla. However neither provides ALL the features that the society needs.

So, I've dropped back to straight HTML.

I had the first FOUR articles done, including two pictures for teh gallery. Then, found out that my card reader in my desktop isn't High-Capacity compatible... the ENTIRE File Allocation Table on the 4gig chip was corrupted, causing me to lose everything.

I'm still attempting to recover some of the files, but I may or may not be successful.

Either way, I'll start working on the site again soon. Until we get teh intereactive backend done, anyone wishing to contribute will have to submit the article via email, and I'll upload it that way.

I appologise for the lack of developments on this project.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Keep the steam up!

#517050  by Otto Vondrak

JDG- may I suggest that you employ the simplest solution? go for a blog format, like Wordpress or Drupal. That way, you can post articles, anyone else can post articles, and they are all nicely formatted without having to do a lot of back-end work.

http://wordpress.org/

http://drupal.org/

You may not need all of the "registration" functions you're trying to build into your current site. Just a suggestion. Keep it simple.

-otto-