Railroad Forums 

• A&A Website Update

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#372718  by jgallaway81

As an update, the Arcade & Attica's website now features a newly rennovated eStore.

A wide new selection of merchandice is now available via our provider.

All items are currently only available via the site, so get them now.

http://www.anarr.com

#372777  by Benjamin Maggi

Under "special events," there are a lot that are still dated from 2005. The new Estore is great, but other parts seem to be falling behind. I don't think that is your fault, but maybe you should pass it along to them to fix it.

AND suggest that they offer a yearly mixed train again. I never got to ride one, and now I really miss it!

#372781  by jgallaway81

Actually Ben, it is my fault.

Unfortunately, a 7month old daughter and a full time job as a Student Engineer for Norfolk Southern makes it difficult to fit time in to do ther things.

However. rest assured that I am working on it.

As for the mixed... I missed the last one as well, and I haven't been able to convince them to run another yet, but I'll pass it on.

#372839  by Benjamin Maggi

I was not trying to be insulting, either to you or the railroad. Seems like I am the only one here who posts who hasn't worked for them in one way or another. I wonder if they need a legal student on their roster!

I like all of the clothing articles, and think I will get a sweatshirt showing #112 because I have built models of it.

#372876  by jgallaway81

Ben, (is that your preffered nomen, or do you preffer something else?)

No offense taken, I didn't read it that way.

I'm hoping to change that. You will notice that there is a link from the A&A's site to the forum here. I'm hoping to utilize it as a more intereactive way to let people who have questions regarding the railroad get their answers.

And yes, if someone asks about prices and/or schedules, I intend to just ask them to review the site since this forum isn't sponsored or owned by the A&A.

I uploaded a whole bunch of changes this afternoon. If you get the chance, surf it and let me know if you find broken links or any other problems.

Happy Railroading!

hi

#373238  by thebigham

I like the centercab t-shirts.

#373329  by Benjamin Maggi

I think you have done a good job, and I think the way you handled the whole #18 out of service at this time really well. In the past, I heard some complaints because people would miss the disclaimer and then be disappointed. Now, it is very clear what is going on, but historical information is included as well. And, #18 maybe out sometime soon! BRAVO!

And, "BEN" is just fine with me.
 #376020  by reinhardtjh

Jason,

I'm one of those people that found this forum through the link on the A&A website. I think you've done a great job on the web site. I just went though the whole thing and I didn't find any broken links. The information on the site is good and I like the history you have provided.

I'm a former resident of the area. I was born in 1960 and lived in Yorkshire near the corner of Rt 16 & 39 until 1978 when I went to college. I made it home on school breaks though 1983, but since then I've been back maybe a total of 10 times. I'm always looking around for information on how the A&A is doing so I'm glad to have found this forum.

John H. Reinhardt

#380533  by Otto Vondrak

We appreciate the link from the A&A site to here, but you mention that the forum is un-moderated. I think Ben might be upset to hear that! Good work keeping the site updated and we look forward to the 2007 operating season.

-otto-

#380571  by Benjamin Maggi

Haha, I didn't catch that Otto because the word is broken over two sentences. Oh well, no offense taken.

#380685  by jgallaway81

Otto, I appologize for my... imprecise application of words. I meant to say that the site is not moderated by the A&A, not completely unmoderate.

I am currently in Harrisburg/York for the East Coast Large Scale Train Show. Once I return to Altoona, I'll update the site.

I'm sorry for my lack of decorum and hope that you understand no offense intended.
 #385630  by jgallaway81

New Product Arrives @ The A&A eStore...

Now Available: 2007 Calender: With a different picture for each month, you'll have to order one, because one month includes a Secret Sneek Peak at 18, taken just last month!

#385780  by Benjamin Maggi

OOH! That is evil, or sneaky, or just plain cool. I am ordering one as soon as this message is posted!
Ben

#393262  by jgallaway81

Ben... have you recieved the calaneder you ordered?

If so, can you critique it for everyone here. I've ordered shirts for myself of my "Freedom Central" model railroad, but I've never ordered a printed item.

Let me know how you like it, or if you think it needs some work, let me know.

#393447  by Benjamin Maggi

Yup it arrived all right, and there were some new pictures I had not seen yet! There was one taken during the "Civil War" days that I have always wanted to go to, and maybe I will be able to this year. Any pictures of #111 and #112 and appreciated by me, as I am obsessed with them! The hidden #18 picture under restoration means that it is almost ready to go. I can't wait.

Already looking forward to next year's calendar.

Maybe I can check off the days until #18 hits the rails again on my new calendar! :-D (That is, if I knew when that was!)