Railroad Forums 

• It's been a while... what's new on the ARA?

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#275293  by Benjamin Maggi

Progress is still being made on #18, though I don't know when she will be operational. Most likely not this year.

They were awarded a state grant and will use that to rehab the track work along the line.

Business is growing, and while I cannot give out carloads-per-year estimates I can say that there are prospects of more industries moving into Arcade. And more business is ALWAYS good news.

If anyone else has information to share, we would all love to hear it. I was set to ride it last weekend but it rained too much for the trip. Now, I am back in Albany thinking of the little short-line...

#275430  by Luther Brefo

Well it is good to hear good news from the A&A. I'd love to see them in action some time... 44 tonner heaven if I recall correctly.

#275485  by Benjamin Maggi

Well, GE switcher heaven. They own two 44-Tonners, #110 and #111, but the former is out of service and only used for parts, if that. If you pass by the little yard in Arcade, you will see it painted bright orange... perhaps to help stop the spreading of rust, or maybe just for cosmetics. #111 is running and used for double-heading, but I heard that it might be facing some mechanical troubles in the future. Finally, #112 is a 65-Tonner and after having its engine redone (either a brand new one put in, or the old one restored, or something like that) it is the prime engine on the railroad and also used for excursion service.

#276252  by nessman

What's happening with the trackwork after the grant they received from the state?