Railroad Forums 

• Edward Lewis (former GM) passed away on 11/11/2015

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#1371582  by Benjamin Maggi

I am not sure if it was posted on the main NYS Railroad forum, but Edward Lewis (author of a book on the A&A, and former General Manager of the line). I corresponded with him in 2007, right as he was preparing to retire from the A&R RR, and he was in very good spirits. He autographed a first edition of his book for me, and among other things he told me he took over as GM of the A&A when he was only 21.

Below is a quote from his obituary:

While attending the American University in Washington, D.C., he met the love of his life, Cordelia Burgess. They married in Granby, Connecticut in 1963 and moved to Long Island, where Ed worked for the Long Island Railroad. This was the first of a long and fulfilling career in railroads which included the Arcade and Attica Railroad in New York; the Providence & Worcester Railroad in Rhode Island; the Strasburg Railroad in Pennsylvania; the Lamoille Valley and Twin States Railroad in Vermont and finally the Aberdeen & Rockfish Railroad, where he served as president for 20 years. He retired from the A&R in 2007 and was much missed by its employees and employers for his many years of good stewardship.

http://www.thepilot.com/obituaries/edwa ... d1c91.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;