Railroad Forums 

• Controlling my Posting Font

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1039623  by rslitman

When I post a message, like I'm doing now, I see several buttons along the top:

B for bold
i for italics
u for underline

etc.

I also see one called Font color, with color spelled wrong, at least in the part of the world where I live.

However, I can't seem to get these to work. I am using Internet Explorer 8.

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON - Oh dear, they are not supposed to be on! I wonder if I have to turn them off for every forum in which I post!

Anyway, I also discovered that these font controls don't work for my signature area. I wanted to change it to a brightly colored, bold complaint against the pop-up ads, but I could only post it subdued, like my current one comparing baseball to soccer.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me on this.
 #1039888  by MEC407

It's a known issue that has, unfortunately, been going on since November 2010. I don't know if any progress has been made in addressing it.

For more info, click here
 #1040352  by rslitman

MEC407 wrote:It's a known issue that has, unfortunately, been going on since November 2010. I don't know if any progress has been made in addressing it.

For more info, click here
Thanks for the information. This is a test.

I'm editing this message now, after having looked at it after originally posting it. I posted the above with bold formatting in brackets. It worked. Thanks for the reference.

Smilies are still ON, even though I have checked Disable smilies below and also turned them off in my profile. Grr! If I ruled the world, emoticons would be against the law. I really resent the possibility of the danged things showing up by mistake in one of my posts!