Railroad Forums 

• How long are posts moderated?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1011133  by trmn8r

Just wondering how long or how many posts a person must have before each post quits going to a mod for approval before being posted?

I read in the faq that the first one does, in order to make sure it's not a spam bot or such.

I only have 3 or 4 posts, just don't have a "lot" to say, but am discussing the hiring process in the employment section and it's kind of hard waiting a day for a post to show up when your trying to carry on a conversation.

Just curious if this is going to be a forever thing or goes away in time.

thanks
 #1011150  by Jeff Smith

Like this one? ;-)

It is a spam prevention measure, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. I get anywhere from 500 to 1000 spam registrations per day. It takes me a good amount of time to weed them out on a daily basis.

The approval process for posts is the main reason why you don't see spam posts with nasty links in the forums.

I don't want to disclose how many because then the spammers will know how many posts they need to make before they can start adding links to their signatures and otherwise spamming the boards.

I do appreciate the patience, and thanks for asking.

Jeff