Railroad Forums 

• Old "Hot Times on the High Iron" essays

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#651179  by csxt43

I know that perhaps this isn't the forum to post this, but I frequent this site the most. Anyway, what ever happened to the Hot Times On The High Iron and "Tuch" the author. I really enjoyed reading it. If anybody knows, let me know.
 #651357  by FaustianSlip

Agree- reading Tuch's articles was hugely helpful for me during the application process with Amtrak and in getting a solid idea of what to expect from the job. I think he mentioned possibly publishing a collection of his writings, didn't he? Either way, the RR job-related stuff was a really good read. I hope he keeps writing.
 #651956  by Otto Vondrak

From what I understand, Tuch is a busy man with a family, and he has been publishing less frequently than in the past. We'll always have the latest HTOTHI posted on the home page.

-otto-
 #732841  by Otto Vondrak

After a discussion with the author, the "Hot Times on the High Iron" series is officially on hiatus. Tuch has not announced a date for when he anticipates to restart the series.
 #773097  by RailRoader93

This topic really does not directly relate to CN, but since the author of the essays works for CN, it was my best bet.

Anyway: I have been reading a lot of "hot times on the high iron" essays by J.D. Santucci. I have not been able to find many older than 2003. I have found one site that had a few about "life in commuter," but they were only parts 3-4. Does anybody know where I could find any older ones, and more specifically, where I could find "commuter" parts one and two?
 #773560  by Otto Vondrak