Railroad Forums 

• Where can I find avatars ?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#561424  by Sylvain727

:-D Where can I find avatars ?
 #562863  by henry6

Can I produce an Avatar from my own photo files or do I have to post it first on a photo service? I am totally dumb on this matter.
 #562960  by 3rdrail

henry6 wrote:Can I produce an Avatar from my own photo files or do I have to post it first on a photo service? I am totally dumb on this matter.
Needs to be a photo service as it's pulled off a web address in the Profile page. A photo service like Photo Bucket is free and has tools to allow you to shrink your avatar down to less than 150 DPI so that Railroad.net will accept it.
 #742338  by ALCOS4EVER

I found a very large group of railroad avatars at "modeltrainforum.com". Go to the members list, click on the member named "Boston & Maine". Scroll down to "avatars".
 #1223018  by philipmartin

You can get your illustrations to Photobucket Upload. Edit them so they don't exceed the maximum size and make other improvements. Hit "Apply" and "Save," then, on "links to share this photo," hit "Direct" Then go to RR.net, "Viewing profile," "user control panel," "profile," "Edit avatars," and click control + V for PC or command + V for Mack, "Submit" and your new avatar pops up on all your posts.