Railroad Forums 

• Site becomes slow/unresponsive when posting a reply

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1194548  by MEC407

I'm not sure if this is related to the upgrade or not. I've only noticed it within the past few days, but I know that several other people have experienced it as well. When posting a new message, or posting a reply in a thread, it is taking much longer than normal for the post to go through. The site feels quick and responsive during most other tasks, but for some reason posting has become very slow recently.
 #1194770  by Backshophoss

The "c.//betrad" ad bot seens to find a way to foul up site ops at times :( ,to the point when previewing/posting,everything "hangs"
you not sure if the post was accepted or not,sometimes accidental double posting happens as well.
Will also foul up the login,and when removing Board cookies as well.
The "c.//betrad" ad bot showed up just before the Upgrade,is VERY aggrestive at times.
 #1194810  by MEC407

Backshophoss wrote:you not sure if the post was accepted or not,sometimes accidental double posting happens as well.
Yes, I'm seeing a lot of double posts in the forums I moderate, and I believe they are a result of this problem.
 #1197825  by MEC407

This problem seems to have gone away, at least for me.
 #1197901  by MEC407

I may have spoken too soon. Some of my posts this afternoon have taken a while to go through, and I'm seeing double or triple posts in some forums, which is usually a sign that other people are experiencing the same issue.
 #1199060  by charlie6017

Over the last few days, I have noticed it taking up to a minute or so when replying to threads for
it to actually go through. Have noticed quite a few "double-posts" by people in various forums as a
result.

Just saying...........seems to be happening more frequently.

Charlie
 #1199079  by MEC407

Yup, it just took two minutes for one of my posts to go through. Understandable that people get anxious and hit the Submit button again, wondering if it didn't go through the first time.

Edit: It seems to come and go in waves. This post went through almost instantly.
 #1199094  by F-line to Dudley via Park

I've found that if you open the site in a second browser tab when your pending post is sitting there waiting, waiting, waiting it immediately speeds up and goes through. To the point where if I'm posting I just keep the homepage loaded in the other tab, switch tabs after hitting post, and hit refresh on the homepage. Something about pinging the server twice seems to get its butt moving when it's being slow like that.
 #1199802  by charlie6017

I'm copying a post that I just added to the "Lac Megantic" thread in the MM&A forum because hopefully
some folks will see this here as well.
Guys.......try to be patient with the system when posting. It's been taking a minute lately for
posts to go through, but please don't keep hitting submit. That's why we get all these double-posts.

I'm just sayin'

Charlie
Honestly, double posts add more for us mods to do.......at least those that try to keep the forums tidy. I'm
not trying to sound like a whiner (but probably am). I'm just asking for patience while the guys finish ironing out
the bugs from the recent upgrade (which I LOVE, by the way!!).

Thanks Everyone! :-)

Charlie