Railroad Forums 

• New Commuter Line Between Walden & NYC? (Walkill Valley NS)

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1078739  by Jeff Smith

The only thing I've seen on the Walden Line as far as MNRR goes was back in 2008 in the Record, and I can't get to it now because it's behind their pay wall. They may be paying to rehab the line for NS, but that doesn't necessarily imply commuter service. And the airport is on the backburner.
 #1079142  by sixthflick

There's been future movement since then Jeff. I'm sure you'll be reading about the advances over the next few months or year. Not much more I'm able to provide at this time.
Paying to rehab a portion of the NS line has been approved. Commuter Service is not implied within that funding. My sources for commuter rail service are beyond that funding.
At this time, I can only say that it's in the works.
 #1080609  by Jeff Smith

you can use either the PM button or you can email me at [email protected]. Don't get me wrong, I think this is great news if it pans out. I think I'd rather see the connection to Newburgh revived, although some of that ROW is gone and what's left is a CSX industrial spur, I think. But either way WOH gets increased service and Rockland and Orange feel less abused.