Railroad Forums 

• Indiana mass transit beyond Lake Michigan area

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1511022  by Gilbert B Norman

I'll be the first to acknowledge this is off -topic, but I think it could relate to a "softening of sorts" to Indiana mass-transit philosophy prevalent away from the "lake" counties:

https://www.indygored.com/

I had no knowledge of this project until I "got lost" yesterday in Indy (I "got cute"; thought I knew my way "outta there" and no need to fiddle with the Sat/Nav). As I was driving North on Meridian St. (I'll eventually hit the 465), it was fun, even Sunday morning, to navigate the construction zones.

I guess rail, as in "light", is probably "a bridge too far" for the Hoosiers. But this does have electric powered busses on a dedicated ROW.

But to close back on topic, could this represent enough "mind change" to have 850-51 depart come July 1?
 #1511048  by justalurker66

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 amBut to close back on topic, could this represent enough "mind change" to have 850-51 depart come July 1?
Nope. Indiana has a part time legislature ... they meet early in the year, finish up and go home to work in their communities until the next session. The legislature adjourned in April and will not return until an organizational day in November.

(The "Indy Go Red" Line was mentioned earlier in the thread. Local option income tax being allowed to be spent on public transit as long as it is not light rail ... so it becomes rubber wheeled. "Indy gored" seems to be an appropriate website. It should have been light rail.)