Railroad Forums 

• Future Mexican passenger rail

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1511762  by Gilbert B Norman

eolesen wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 pm My interest was in the CNW sleepers and observation car from the 400 which made their way to NdeM... never heard what happened with them.
Mr. Olesen, there are not too many sources I know of that can trace the history of US passenger cars "South of the Border". The sales were handled through brokers and, owing potential liability, any ID that could trace the cars back to their US source was obliterated.

Occasionally, you could "strike gold" and see if the sun was right enough of a former US Sleeper's name. US Coaches that became "segunda" were stripped of HVAC systems.
 #1512516  by Rick A

I hope they get the trains sorted out down there. I've heard talk for a few years about getting the Mexico City to San Miguel line operational again. I would love to travel to San Miguel that way. The scenery would be wonderful. I also heard rumors of a Cancun to Merida line. Another one that I'm sure would be successful.
 #1512530  by Gilbert B Norman

David Benton wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:56 am I don't think 2 to 3 years can be described as indefinitely, Mr Norman.
Unfortunately Mr. Benton, regarding a project that has been delayed so many times in the past, and not they're saying "two to three more years" translates, in my lexicon, to "indefinitely".

Mr. Rick A, St. Michael the Archangel lead the army of God against the forces of evil throughout the United Mexican States, and dropped his name in at least four different ones - Morelos, Hidalgo, Mexico, Guanajuato, Therefore, I'm not certain which one is being addressed. That within the State of Morelos appears to be the same distance from DF as is Toluca - the line noted by Mr. Benton. I cannot find any reference to such a project.