Railroad Forums 

• Incheon Airport Maglev

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1296775  by lpetrich

Incheon Airport Maglev - Wikipedia
▶ Incheon Ecobee Urban Maglev July 2014 Testing 자기 부상 - YouTube
Bizline - Commercial maglev trains to operate soon 상용화 눈앞에 둔 자기부상열차 - YouTube
Incheon Airport maglev unveiled - Railway Gazette
The second video shows a switch in operation -- it is a monorail-style switch that moves the entire track. From the second video, it is a Transrapid-style attraction maglev. It gets its electricity from an extra rail, the only mechanical contact that it has. It uses more electricity than a comparable traditional sort of train, but its designers claim that it is more reliable because of its fewer moving parts. But its switches are another story.

Incheon(ICN) International Airport's site makes no reference to this maglev train that I could find.

ETA: its top speed is 110 km/h, and it runs between the airport terminal and an airport train station, as far as I can tell.
 #1296958  by kaitoku

Similar switch on the Linimo line in Nagoya, Japan. I rode this several years back. It shares advantages with monorail of being able to negotiate steeper grades than conventional steel wheel on steel rail applications.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXWAQkMrqM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;