Railroad Forums 

• New to Forum

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1277163  by 4thGen

Hello, I am new to the forum and have one quick question. Is this a site for rail enthusiast, workers or both? If both, where are the approrpriate places to post work questions vs other threads. I am a 4th generation railroader employed at the facility as the generations preceeding myself. Thanks.
 #1277198  by gprimr1

Welcome to the forum. This is a forum for both rail enthusiasts and railroad workers. We always enjoy the input of those who work in the profession.

You'll find the basic structure operates by railroad, with most major railroads having their own forums as well as some forums for railroads that no longer operate. There are also regional forums if your questions better fit a region than a specific railroad.

We also have a railroad employment forum where you can discuss issues related to working in the railroad industry.

Again, welcome.
 #1277394  by 4400Washboard

Welcome!

As a short-time poster but long-time reader i think this site is approrpriate for both types of people.

Be wary not to post any sensitive documents that are meant to be top secret/private because im pretty sure a lot of us saw what happened with fan railer and the disposition list...

You can post non-employment questions (ex. When were the M1s retired) in the most appropriate forum where your questipn would be most appropriate (so dont post the above question in the MNRR forum-put it in thr LIRR one-for example)

As for work questions go to the employment thread if deemed necessary (like said above)

Best and have fun! 😀

TJ