Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning Miami Metrorail and People Mover

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1234598  by njtmnrrbuff

Hello,
In two months I'm going to be spending a few days in Miami, and one of the days, I plan on riding the Metrorail for the first time. I'm going to ride all of the routes. Which are the best stations and points of interests to railfan along the route? Are those places in safe neighborhoods? Thanks
 #1235827  by Patrick Boylan

It's been many ages since I've been to Miami. My first trip was Jan 1986, last one sometime in the 1990's. That first trip both going and leaving I walked, with luggage, to and from Amtrak and the nearest Metrorail station, which I think was Northside. Each visit I rode back and forth Metrorail's entire length, although only spots where I went out of a station were Government Center and Vizcaya.
I can't imagine safety's improved since then, I also understand if folks think I was crazy for risking my well being towing luggage from Amtrak to Northside, but I, born and raised in Philadelphia, didn't notice anything of which to be afraid.