Railroad Forums 

• Hurricane Sandy shuts most service monday, october 29, 2012.

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1098989  by 25Hz

Just popping this in here as a reminder that LIRR has shut down, MNRR, NJT, PATH, Amtrak's NYC based trains, and SEPTA are all shutting down as of their last trains of their respective sunday schedules. The Atlantic City Line is shut down at this point, and PATCO will suspend service in the very early morning.

Please check websites or call customer service before attempting to travel via these systems.

There may be further updates on other changes for tuesday, october 30 as well, so check back often to get the info you need.
 #1099320  by lirr42

There are also a bunch of threads on various forums pertaining to each individual RR's preparation and recovery from the Hurracane: (lots of them also include photos)

Amtrak: Noticed/Questioned Major Delays, Annulments, Reroutes and Hurricane Sandy Cancellations (now with E-Ticketing)
LIRR: Hurricane Sandy
Metro-North: Hurricane Sandy Preparations
NYC Subway: Hurricane Sandy
PATH: Hurricane Sandy and PATH
NJTransit: Hurricane issues and recovery time
SEPTA: Hurricane Sandy: impact upon SEPTA
MBTA: Sandy's Impact on the MBTA
 #1099660  by sipes23

morris&essex4ever wrote:BART, Caltrain, Tri Rail, Metrolink, Amtrak California, Amtrak Illinois, MARTA, TRE, Sound Transit, and Amtrak Michigan are all running. Guess most service hasn't been shut down.
Exactly. I hope the affected people get through this pain in the hindquarters dry and safe. But! While this storm genuinely is a major event and newsworthy, it brings up a gripe of mine. It snows an inch in DC or 3 in NYC, and it's all over the news like some sort of disaster. Trains closed for days, evacuation orders, etc. 6 inches of snow in Chicago (or other snow-prone major city) means you still have to go to work. Ok, so I exaggerate for effect, but really, seriously. After awhile it looks like so much crying wolf.

But really, I hope people stay safe and warm; the trains on the rails; and the cars on the road. This looks like a bad thing for the East coast.

(Same goes your your baseball teams too.)