Railroad Forums 

• Midwest 110 MPH service

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1095896  by bigK

here in NY yesterday I heard a report about that midwest high speed rail project there in Chicagoland - I am sure wa sin this part of the country

the news report was about portion of the HSR corridor having been just upgraded to 110 MPH svc. and there was an inaugural ceremony with all the politicos including - I think - Ray LaHood of the fed DOT

of course I imediately went to this site and had expected to see not the week + old story about Amtrak employee drug use but a story about the above but still there was that Amtrak story - I went to this general passenger rail/HSR forum and nothing here as well

I also clicked on that midwest high speed rail site link on the'front page' and nothing there either

was I dreaming having heard a news report about this HSR related story?

I have posted this in the Chicagoland forum as well - hopefuly someone else had heard of this story - would like more details - meanwhile will check fed DOT site - if I find something there will post in apropiate forum