Railroad Forums 

• Of Vandals, Visigoths and "Conrail Boyz"

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#820845  by charlie6017

RDGTRANSMUSEUM wrote:.........getting back to the Conrail boyz videos,I was there ! We had so much fun running trains thru there. Let me say this....... the video does not give away ALL the secrets on how the BOYZ operated, and im not about to either! Watching this brings back memories for shure.
I watched the 3 You-tube segments of the "Boyz"........while I understand the need to be in top shape to be able jump moving trains, I don't understand how ANYONE can get on trains moving 25-30 MPH. It just can't happen........A healthy Bo Jackson or a young Rickey Henderson couldn't even do that.

I'm no railroader and never have been..........I'm certainly not privy to any of it but I can't help but think---did the "Boyz" get some inside help? A "quid-pro-quo" type of thing?**

**Disclaimer** (I'm not accusing anything--wondering aloud is all)

Charlie
 #820958  by scharnhorst

charlie6017 wrote:
RDGTRANSMUSEUM wrote:.........getting back to the Conrail boyz videos,I was there ! We had so much fun running trains thru there. Let me say this....... the video does not give away ALL the secrets on how the BOYZ operated, and im not about to either! Watching this brings back memories for shure.
I watched the 3 You-tube segments of the "Boyz"........while I understand the need to be in top shape to be able jump moving trains, I don't understand how ANYONE can get on trains moving 25-30 MPH. It just can't happen........A healthy Bo Jackson or a young Rickey Henderson couldn't even do that.

I'm no railroader and never have been..........I'm certainly not privy to any of it but I can't help but think---did the "Boyz" get some inside help? A "quid-pro-quo" type of thing?**

**Disclaimer** (I'm not accusing anything--wondering aloud is all)

Charlie

I find it hard to pick out which cars had the high value stuff in them as I don't think the way bills list that info on them unless its dangerous cargo. It kind of makes me think the Italian or Russian Mob may have had a hand in targeting what cars to hit and not hit. In turn they would have people on the inside who have people on the inside and so forth. Not that I would know but its a possable thought.