Railroad Forums 

• Disgruntled Employee Takes off With Wyoming Train (10/12/14)

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#1297579  by charlie6017

I thought this might make for some interesting discussion!

Fair-use quote:
Authorities say a disgruntled employee commandeered a locomotive from a northeast Wyoming coal mine and later plowed it into another train before he was apprehended.

Police say the 22-year-old man faces preliminary charges that include reckless endangering and felony destruction.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/disg ... n-26140807" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charlie

P.S. Rob, if you wish to move this elsewhere that's fine, but I wanted to put this in a forum that is frequented. The "Western
Forum" has been inactive since August.
~CR
 #1298896  by Gadfly

Engineer Spike wrote:This could be construed as the same kind of act as taking an airliner and running it into the WTC. He could have killed hundreds. What it there were passenger trains, or hazardous cars. It could make Lac Megnantic look like a Sunday picnic.
He's prolly in FAR deeper doo doo than he realizes! Just think, he's really FUBAR'ed his "resume", will have hard time getting anyone to hire him, and should he ever want to work for a railroad? (Noo Yawk mode) FUH-GAD-ABOUT-IT!!!!! :( He's played hell now!

GF