Railroad Forums 

• New Hope & Ivyland - #40 Lives!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#998946  by Amtrak67 of America

Bout time. I saw the shop foreman Erik with whom I know well since I use to work for him atthe NH&I, about a month ago and asked about 40 and he said they didnt have her on priority because of the junk diesels they got for the expanded freight business. Sadly, my points of views always differed from theres.....
 #1006885  by rwk

I have to know this within a short time, I'm in Warmister right now on a small vacation for my birthday which is tomorrow and I saw on the schedule the train at New Hope is running tomorrow. I tried calling, but no human answers. Will #40 be pulling the train tomorrow? I won't go if it's diesel. I saw this post and a YouTube video that #40 is back as of Dec 2011. We could go up to Lahaska to see it and board it. We have to go home to Allentown, PA by tomorrow night because we have church on Sunday.
 #1006907  by bigjim4life

rwk wrote:I have to know this within a short time, I'm in Warmister right now on a small vacation for my birthday which is tomorrow and I saw on the schedule the train at New Hope is running tomorrow. I tried calling, but no human answers. Will #40 be pulling the train tomorrow? I won't go if it's diesel. I saw this post and a YouTube video that #40 is back as of Dec 2011. We could go up to Lahaska to see it and board it. We have to go home to Allentown, PA by tomorrow night because we have church on Sunday.
Nope, her last run was on 1/8, the next time she will run will be in late March with the Easter trains (per the NH&I's Facebook page).