Railroad Forums 

• Freight power at Lansdale

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#996231  by scotty269

Remember, SEPTA does not run freight service. This is not a freight, nor a PA railfan section. There is a PA Railfan forum, and I would direct you to post there instead.
 #996343  by ChrisinAbington

What no correction of the town name too?
I'm curious as to an ofshoot of this topic; are there any current freight customers beyond the Fortuna station on the Doylestown line? I know there are some boxcars occasionally around where Walnut Street goes over the tracks in Hatfield township, but I'm not sure about further up the line. Are the connections all severed for the industrial businesses around Link Belt (County Line Road)?
 #996397  by Amtrak67 of America

Jersey_Mike wrote:Does advocating Freight Power make one a Fraicist?
I always knew you were one of those!!!! ;)
 #996408  by Clearfield

Jersey_Mike wrote:Does advocating Freight Power make one a Fraicist?
Not at all. a FRAcist is someone who likes the FRA...........
 #996415  by trackwelder

ChrisinAbington wrote:What no correction of the town name too?
I'm curious as to an ofshoot of this topic; are there any current freight customers beyond the Fortuna station on the Doylestown line? I know there are some boxcars occasionally around where Walnut Street goes over the tracks in Hatfield township, but I'm not sure about further up the line. Are the connections all severed for the industrial businesses around Link Belt (County Line Road)?
i dunno if they're still an active customer, but as of about 3 years ago 84 lumber in new britain borough was getting lumber deliveries on center beam flat cars.
 #996510  by Franklin Gowen

jtaeffner wrote:i dunno if they're still an active customer, but as of about 3 years ago 84 lumber in new britain borough was getting lumber deliveries on center beam flat cars.
I'm fairly sure that 84 Lumber is the last active shipper on the Doylestown Branch. Other railfans who frequently observe that area over the long term are encouraged to confirm or deny this.
 #996839  by Amtrak67 of America

Franklin Gowen wrote:
jtaeffner wrote:i dunno if they're still an active customer, but as of about 3 years ago 84 lumber in new britain borough was getting lumber deliveries on center beam flat cars.
I'm fairly sure that 84 Lumber is the last active shipper on the Doylestown Branch. Other railfans who frequently observe that area over the long term are encouraged to confirm or deny this.
I can confirm that they were recieveing a car infrequently when I was at Septa til about 4 years ago when I left. WHo knows now. Also Franklin, dont forget the Lansdale warehouse is still a customer on Doylestown line