Railroad Forums 

• Woodbourne

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#959367  by amtrakhogger

I am not sure ( they may have changed) but the old CR frequencies in use here were 160.080 and 161.070.
 #1034145  by CorenDirebrew

SOMETHING INTRESTING happened today:
Q300-05 with 2 EX guilford rail system locomotives.
SEPTA AND CSX Silverliner V transfer
Q418-05
 #1035100  by bigjim4life

This link should help you out, at least with frequencies:

http://www.parailfan.com/csx_trenton_sub.html

Also at Woodbourne, the NS Morrisville lines runs overhead as well, so you may as well use this page as well:

http://www.parailfan.com/ns_morrisville_line.html

As per traffic, it's an active SEPTA line, so you will see plenty of SEPTA trains - it's on the CSX Trenton Subdivision, and depending on what time you go, you'll see at least one CSX train if you hang out for a few hours. If you go in the afternoon, mid-late afternoon, and stay for two or so hours, you should see at least one CSX train, and if you're lucky, a NS train overhead as well. Search on Youtube, you'll see videos from some people with the types of activity you could see there (plus my newest Woodbourne video may not be too far behind). Good luck!!
 #1041393  by JimBoylan

As of Fri. 4/27/12, some old S.E.P.T.A. Silverliners have been at Woodbourne Yard for a about a week.
 #1041560  by pumpers

JimBoylan wrote:As of Fri. 4/27/12, some old S.E.P.T.A. Silverliners have been at Woodbourne Yard for a about a week.
You jogged my memory - I went by Monday two weeks ago. I was driving on 95 and not looking closely, but some old Septa cars were there then and it looked like maybe the doors and/or windows were removed. On their way to a scrapper? If the doors were really removed, why would they do that? JS
 #1043365  by glennk419

pumpers wrote:
JimBoylan wrote:As of Fri. 4/27/12, some old S.E.P.T.A. Silverliners have been at Woodbourne Yard for a about a week.
You jogged my memory - I went by Monday two weeks ago. I was driving on 95 and not looking closely, but some old Septa cars were there then and it looked like maybe the doors and/or windows were removed. On their way to a scrapper? If the doors were really removed, why would they do that? JS
There are currently at least 5 SEPTA Silverliner II/III's sitting at Woodbourne that have been there for a couple weeks now. They are on their way to north Jersey to become razor blades. It's more likely that the doors are just open vs. having been removed.
 #1044683  by pumpers

glennk419 wrote:
pumpers wrote:
There are currently at least 5 SEPTA Silverliner II/III's sitting at Woodbourne that have been there for a couple weeks now. They are on their way to north Jersey to become razor blades. It's more likely that the doors are just open vs. having been removed.
Went by again tonight and didn't get a good look, but the yard looked empty. JS