Railroad Forums 

• Stourbridge Railroad (Honesdale-Lackawaxen) and Proposals

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1324956  by Max Power

Honesdale-Hawley is a nice, though short, ride. Hopefully they can reestablish the excursions to Lackawaxen soon. Love the passage through those narrow rock cuts. The German style meal at Lackawaxen was tasty too.
 #1327223  by EMD8165

Lots of work continues at the DL&S in preparation for the Grand Opening on May 9th & 10th. The 54 is running nicely and the 2 CNJ coaches are undergoing some serious work and will soon be repainted. 1203 is in the shop and has already been stripped and patched, the 993 is next. Come out for the grand opening on May 9th & 10th to see them and take a ride.

For ticket information, visit:
http://www.thestourbridgeline.net/theme.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A private caboose train was run on Monday from Honesdale to Lackawaxen and return. It was a leisurely ride with stops to flag most of the crossings since the automatic crossing protection is still off. It rained most of the day but several fans came out to watch and take pictures.
 #1328459  by EMDWC6455

I see a lot of work has been done lately. Coach 1203 came out of the shop painted like a PRR passanger car, Coach 1993 was being sandblasted and about to be painted. I found them on facebook the excurisons has a facebook page now I will add the link so everyone can check it out https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Stou ... 4225398998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1340194  by bvesbc

Excursion service to Lackawaxen officially resumes this Saturday July 25th details on the website, and Facebook!!
 #1349297  by SemperFidelis

On a recent trainwatching outing my sons noticed that the old ChromaTube building in Whites Mills, PA is being rehabilitated. Does anyone know what is moving in? I suppose if it were a rail related business someone would have posted with a very, very happy post by now.

The siding is overgrown still, of course, but the main body of the building is having extensive work done upon it. A fe years ago Al Siebold from M&E pointed me to the place in pursuit of frac sand drying locations, but (as usual) someone backed out of the funding package at the last minute. Al was a great help, though. Hopefully someone with a similar idea, and more stable funding partners, is running with the idea.

The soonest I'll be out in that direction on a weekday, when I might run into a work crew and be able to ask what's up, is Tuesday. I'll let everyone know what I find out.
 #1349303  by SemperFidelis

Well, Google and the Wayne Independent conspired to burst my bubble with great vigor. Turns out a small, rather high priced, woodworking company is moving from thier location in Honesdale to the former Chromatube Plant:

http://m.wayneindependent.com/article/2 ... /141009841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suppose we could all keep our fingers very tightly crossed that they'll have enough business to justify a bulkhead flat of lumber at a time.

Dang. I could've used some good news.