Railroad Forums 

• Pennsylvania Railfan Roll Call

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1068384  by PhilliesPhan2013

My name is William Clark and I'm a teenage railfan. I was born in Delaware County, which is just outside of Philadelphia and close to both the NJ and DE borders. I still live here and do all of my railfanning here. I railfan the CSX Philly Sub, NEC, R3 Media/Elwyn line, and when I can, I try to railfan the NS Chester Secondary. I love the Philly Sub the most because I love catching CSX Q174 (Intermodal), CSX Q439 (Manifest), the trash train, the grain train, and occasionally CSX Q740/Q741 (Tropicana Juice Tain). I'm on a hunt to catch CSX Q216/Q217 (Autoracks), but I think they leave early in the morning. College is coming up for me and I might go to University of Delaware next fall because the Philly sub runs right through campus.
 #1145744  by Pa.Railfan

I'm a Railfan of Shortlines in Pa. Wellsboro and Towanda are my Railfanning trips. Nice to see so many other Railfanners out there.

Pa. Railfan
Get out and enjoy!
 #1184001  by Michael J

Hello.

I am from Nicholson PA, living (literally) in the shadow of the famed Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct. For a long time I have been a railfan, and recently have become interested in model railroading. I enjoy most everything trains, from trolleys to long-distance freights.
 #1244478  by PappyWagner

I'm "Pappy" Wagner. I'm from Susquehanna County (Between the Tunkhannock Creek Viaduct and Binghamton NY). I used to listen to D&H and Conrail at the Binghamton switch yards on my Grandfathers scanner. I have interest in the Rail Road systems that ran in this area (Erie, EL, D&H, NYS&W). I also have interest in the old narrow gauge logging/tanning operations in Bradford County like at Laquin. I'm also interested in the Lehigh stuff in Towanda/Sayre etc.
 #1288521  by Lackawanna565

Most of my railfanning is done in PA since I live here. Of course. My favorite lines to railfan are the Keystone Corridor, Pocono Main, Sunbury Sub and the Buffalo Line.
 #1299385  by Missyg24

Howdy Yinz/Yall

Missy originally from Elmira NY on the NS Southern Tier Main Line. Railroads that once connected to Elmira: PRR, ERIE, LEHIGH VALLEY, DLW. At 1 time DLW had a large yard. Today ERIE>>>ERIE LACKAWANNA line is all thats left. PRR's Elmira Branch is still visible from Watkins Glen, NY to Williamsport, PA.
I lived just west of Williamsport for almost 3 years. near the old NYC line that ran to Newberry Jtn (now Lycoming Valley Railroad) & across the river from the PRR line (NS Buffalo Line). Now I live north of Cresson in Carrolltown (highest elevation for the NYC at one time, old ROW is seen from my house lol).

Love Altoona area since I was a kid & now that I live nearby its great. I do miss Foreign power engines on the locals/trains up home & LVRR.
Im 5mins from a RJ Corman crossing, Sadly they arent as busy as they were last year this time, due to closing of 2 mines or loading places (Cherry Tree/Stifflertown & Clymer).
 #1299556  by Matt Langworthy

I'm also a Southern Tier (NY) native and currently live in Irondequoit. I enjoy crossing the border to catch NS, WCOR/TIOC and the Lehigh Railway. When I chase NS in PA, it's usually at Sayre... but I made the pilgrimage to Altoona this past spring.

In years past, I rode the Strasburg RR (1974) and Steamtown (1996). I'm also old enough to remember LV and PC operations in northern PA, too.
 #1301193  by CN9634

I recently converted.... just moved to South Central PA from Maine to work for a prominent intermodal company. I regular the NS Lurgan Sub, lines out of Hagerstown and stuff around Harrisburg. I work one week a month in Kearny, NJ so I visit places along the way in Allentown area, Hershey and north Jersey
 #1352286  by Gone2long

Hello folks, born and raised 52 years in NE Philly, live on the Trenton Sub most notable feature is the 90FT Bridge. just getting into videography with 2 GoPro Hero4's still green on rail fanning but working on it currently scanning with a BC125AT with a Diamond RH 77CA aftermarket antenna been loitering at the Langhorne Station for video capture - so far so good.