Railroad Forums 

• Center Cab switcher on Route 33 thru Wind Gap 1/19/2018

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1457675  by NJT4272

So who can tell me about the small GE center cab switcher I saw being transported via truck and flat bed north on Route 33 through Wind Gap, PA today? It was obviously an industrial unit as the only markings I saw as it sped by me in the opposite direction was a large "THINK SAFETY" painted on the sides of each of the hoods. Would love to know what it was and where it was headed.
 #1457985  by glennk419

I believe Bethlehem Steel painted that slogan on some of their locomotives. While most of the loco's in the PBNE deadline are SW's, I guess it's possible that they may have had a critter or two. Another possibility is that it came from one of the numerous cement plants that operated in Northampton County at one time. What was the color of the unit?
 #1458546  by NJT4272

glennk419 wrote:I believe Bethlehem Steel painted that slogan on some of their locomotives. While most of the loco's in the PBNE deadline are SW's, I guess it's possible that they may have had a critter or two. Another possibility is that it came from one of the numerous cement plants that operated in Northampton County at one time. What was the color of the unit?

Glenn,

I don't recall a color. It went by so fast after I realized what it was that the only thing that stood out was the "THINK SAFETY". The only impression I can recall is that it was drab. No bright colors. Maybe a gray or washed out green.