Railroad Forums 

• Ringling Equipment Aboard L&S

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1426850  by SemperFidelis

When driving to Wilkes Barre today, near the brewery at Butler Street grade crossing, I spotted two Ringling Brothers flatcars with containers aboard them. A locomotive was there, but on the lead to the brewery and not attached to the flats.

Anyone have any idea what they were doing up there?

Edit: Apparently the circus is in town...so I answered my own question.
 #1427367  by carajul

Sadly, the WBBB circus is history as of this year. Feld Entertainment pulled the plug due to massive losses. Kids today are more interested in video games. Then all the animal rights activists threw a fit and demanded the wild animals be taken out of the show, Feld caved. Well their ticket sales plummeted as people were going to see the animals. The end.

Of course we now lose more rail traffic as that amazing circus train will be a thing of the past.
 #1427481  by umtrr-author

Yesterday I had a very brief glimpse of a part of the Ringling Brothers train headed up the hill to Clarks Summit on the old DL&W line. I realized that this was probably the first and only time I would ever see the RBB&B train in actual operation.

I thought briefly about taking a detour to see if I could catch a view the train on Tunkhannock Viaduct, but I did not have my good camera with me and my cellphone camera just wouldn't be good enough. I hope someone did capture the event for posterity.