Railroad Forums 

• Wellsville, Addison & Galeton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1396868  by mowingman

I have not heard anything about it on the WAG Yahoo group or the WAG facebook site. It would be nice to have a new book with new photos and any updated information. I hope it is true.
Jeff
 #1430955  by thebigham

http://www.tiogapublishing.com/potter_l ... b845a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WAG office needs $175,000 repairs
by Jason Przybycien [email protected] May 4, 2017

Today, the former WAG office building needs an estimated $175,000 in repairs. Owner Randy Ferguson has agreed to clean up around the building to eliminate safety hazards while he seeks funding.

GALETON – The former Wellsville, Addison & Galeton Railroad office building is in disrepair. At the Galeton Borough Council meeting April 12, council gave owner Randy Ferguson 60 days to bring it back into compliance with the borough’s dangerous structure ordinance and Ferguson agreed.

He also hopes to restore the building, but is looking for help. He estimates the building needs $25,000 in roof work and $150,000 in other work to make it fit for commercial use. But he doubts he could make back that investment, given the Galeton economy.

“I’m not beyond partnering with someone to save it,” he says.

Background

The building is part of the town’s history, says Ferguson.

“This town was built on railroads and lumber,” he says.

The Buffalo and Susquehanna Railroad was the first to use the red brick building, he says. Smaller lumber railroads merged in 1893 to form B&S.
 #1439763  by FLRailFan1

thebigham wrote:http://www.tiogapublishing.com/potter_l ... b845a.html

WAG office needs $175,000 repairs
by Jason Przybycien [email protected] May 4, 2017

Today, the former WAG office building needs an estimated $175,000 in repairs. Owner Randy Ferguson has agreed to clean up around the building to eliminate safety hazards while he seeks funding.

GALETON – The former Wellsville, Addison & Galeton Railroad office building is in disrepair. At the Galeton Borough Council meeting April 12, council gave owner Randy Ferguson 60 days to bring it back into compliance with the borough’s dangerous structure ordinance and Ferguson agreed.

He also hopes to restore the building, but is looking for help. He estimates the building needs $25,000 in roof work and $150,000 in other work to make it fit for commercial use. But he doubts he could make back that investment, given the Galeton economy.

“I’m not beyond partnering with someone to save it,” he says.

Background

The building is part of the town’s history, says Ferguson.

“This town was built on railroads and lumber,” he says.

The Buffalo and Susquehanna Railroad was the first to use the red brick building, he says. Smaller lumber railroads merged in 1893 to form B&S.
Any news on the buding?
 #1439858  by scottychaos

Sounds like he wanted to preserve the building, but lacked the funds to keep it fully maintained.
Hopefully it can now be refurbished and find a new life..Town Hall? Library? some sort of other public building perhaps?

Scot
 #1439900  by thebigham

I have five pics of the WAG office building from Oct. 2015 here:

http://photos.greatrails.net/show/?orde ... =886&key2=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The roof is in very bad shape. Water has seeped in plus a lot of pigeon/bird sh*t due to broken windows!

All the WAG paperwork was on the 2nd floor. I'm sure most of it has been destroyed.

There was once a framed map of the Sinnemahoning Valley RR dated 1893 on the 2nd floor.