Railroad Forums 

• NS taking over part of D&H, fate of Bangor & Slateford??

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1467612  by blockline4180

Most likely nothing instead of nothing will happen.. In other words status quo..
Maybe some longer trains on the Tier, but thats it!
 #1513606  by pumpers

CNJ Fan 4evr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am I doubt that Allentwon hump will close. They do a lot of merchandise/local freight west of Allentown. The yard is usually stuffed full. Last time I was there, three jobs came in at once and went out to Steel to be humped.
I'm out of the loop, but just saw a post from yesterday on the NY State forum that the Allentown hump is being shut down and Allentown will be flat-switched only. Some origings/destinations are moving to Enola.
http://www.railroad.net/viewtopic.php?f ... start=1155
 #1535145  by pumpers

johnpbarlow wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 am
pumpers wrote:Related, does NS still run their daily pair of trains over RBMN through the Lehigh Gorge? Most of us assumed they would go away when NS took over the D&H lne along the Susquehanna river a few years ago, but some time after that they were still running. But my news is at least a year or two old on that if not more so. JS
Yes, 36T (south to Allentown) and 37T (north to Binghamton/Buffalo) still operate daily over RBM&N between Dupont and Penn Haven Jct(I think). And 37T drops NS interchange for RBM&N at Penobscot on its way north. Not sure if 36T picks up any interchange off RBM&N on its way south.
Well, 2 years since the above posts, it has finally happened. The new Railpace (March issue) reports that NS has finally dropped 36T and 37T (Binghamton to Allentown and return) that ran over RBMN in the Lehigh Gorge. 37T used to interchange with RBMN at Penboscot - the RBMN interchange moved to North Reading.