Railroad Forums 

• traffic on Morrisville/Harrisburg/Reading lines

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1268483  by CRR

Hi-

Wondering if anyone can tell me the approx. train per day count on the Morrisville line between Woodbourne and Norristown and the Harrisburg line between Norristown and Reading and also the NS Reading line if you happen to know...
 #1310174  by glennk419

RRSignal2 wrote:Wow, no replies? Well, I would guesstimate about 6 on a good day, judging by the traffic I hear. I'm not certain if Q190/Q191 still use NS since they've been running single-stack lately.
I live a couple miles from the Morrisville line and can occasionally hear trains blowing for the unprotected crossing in Fort Washington and the County Line Road crossing in Southampton depending on which way the wind is blowing. I have regularly heard horns for County Line around 6AM but they can be otherwise sporadic throughout the day. CSX C-746 runs between Woodbourne and Lansdale 2-3 times a week, typically a nocturnal run on Monday and Thursday evenings. I've also seen NS unit gon trains in the afternoon and actually observed an eastbound NS general freight at Byberry Road around 6PM a couple weeks ago. Not sure if this was a detour run or what symbol it might have been.
 #1422864  by liftedjeep

-NS #911 (SD60E) "Honoring First Responders" lead NS 24K into Morrisville's Intermodal Yard on Monday March 6th.
Seen here from the outskirts of the yard:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4659923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben