Railroad Forums 

• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on NS Southern Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1490919  by Matt Langworthy

As predicted, NS 310 dropped off a block at Gang Mills and #8098 trailed at the end of the train. The Conrail unit was spotted in Owego about an hour ago.

Meanwhile, the LV unit is leading another NS 310 through Ohio right now. If the normal operating pattern happens, #8104 will be on the Tier in daylight tomorrow.
 #1490967  by charlie6017

Per a Facebook report, NS 310 is on the move out of Buffalo now (9:00 AM), so if you're in Western New York and wanna
see the Lehigh Valley unit on the Southern Tier Line -- head out there!

Charlie
 #1491140  by charlie6017

Just saw a Facebook report saying NS train 11R gave the 1072 (Illinois Terminal) unit to train 23k at Mechanicville. As
of 11:15 AM, 23K was still sitting at M-ville so it's a certainty the 1072 will pass through on the Tier under the cover
of darkness.

Charlie
 #1496393  by Matt Langworthy

The current episode of Tiers In The Night features the LV unit leading NS 310. The train was spotted in Fairview, PA shortly before 3 PM, so I'm guessing #8104 will head east from Buffalo to Binghamton under cover of darkness.
 #1496801  by Deeretracks

Well, the Erie managed to slip past everyone between Scranton and Owego until my father-in-law happened to catch it out of nowhere while he was at work (right next to the tracks). He gave me a heads up and I was in Sayre for work and about to head north to Ithaca so I waited and caught it in Waverly at 12:20 headed west. It's 2nd of 2 facing the train and it's on a manifest but I'm not sure if it's 309 or 37T. Either way, it's currently headed to Buffalo on the tier in daylight!
 #1498206  by Matt Langworthy

NS W10 has the Penn Central locomotive as the 3rd unit, as per a Facebook report. The train recrewed at William St (in Sloan) about an hour ago, so I suspect #1073 will be heading east on the Tier this afternoon.
 #1498356  by charlie6017

sd80mac wrote:Hey Matt... why does yours shows 4:10 pm posting while its actually 3:15 pm right now??? Seems that you're hour ahead?? (mine shows 4:20 pm too... ????)
You must not have changed the setting on "user control panel" when daylight savings time ended?