Railroad Forums 

• Southern Tier - Local Freight Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#841217  by AMK0123

Had a chance to run over to Orange County yesterday. Heard H08 operating on the Hudson Secondary so I drove down to Warwick and started trying to follow the track back north. Missed H08 because by the time I got back to Campbell Hall both GP38's were back at the yard. Did find the Greycourt team track and observed three UP refrigerated cars with there motors all running. Must have been just dropped off over there. Looked like the same cars that had been getting unloaded from Campbell Hall a few weeks ago. This was my first time railfanning the line. However I had a few questions since I'm still not familiar about railfanning out in Orange County.
1- Is the only local the H08 or do they still operate an H09 in the evening?
2- I hear the dispatcher going as the "Main Line" or the "Southern Tier". Are they both NJ Transit or is one Norfork Southern?
3- Has there been any increase or decrease in customers from the one's that have been previously listed. Like I posted earlier there is a lumber customer on the Maybrook line that has had cars there recently in addition to the previous list.
4- What times does NYSW and H07 usually get up to Campbell Hall around and do all NS and NYSW trains come out of Jersey and access the tier via the Hudson Secondary?
5- What are the best spots to railfan out in Orange County?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but that's a few for now! :-D
 #848411  by DanD3815

SU-99 usually hits campbell hall at midnight. NS H-07 normally waits for the 10:00 hoboken departure to clear suffern most of the time so its up to Campell Hall around 11:30 i wanna say?