Railroad Forums 

• Trains on CSX St. Lawrence Sub (CR's Montreal Secondary)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1498542  by tree68

Saw the empties headed east through Deshler, OH on the cam there a few days ago. One of the folks on the chat knew where they were headed.
 #1502667  by lvrr325

About 4 am a loaded military train went up. I only noticed because I could hear it stopped somewhere between around milepost 3 and maybe the Parkway bridge, it stopped, started, stopped, then finally went on north. I don't know if they were inspecting it or had some kind of problem (maybe with the air, it's cold tonight).

May have been some other problem, another northbound about an hour later also came to a stop, I heard the slack run in (or out).
Last edited by lvrr325 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1502685  by sd80mac

lvrr325 wrote:About 4 am a loaded military train went up. I only noticed because I could hear it stopped somewhere between around milepost 3 and maybe the Parkway bridge, it stopped, started, stopped, then finally went on north. I don't know if they were inspecting it or had some kind of problem (maybe with the air, it's cold tonight).

Do you know if that was the first or 2nd of 3 military trains? there's 3 of them heading to Ft Drum. 2 were at Belle Island night and first one was supposed to head up around 9 pm. 3rd one is still heading to Syracuse I believe.
 #1502706  by tree68

NHV 669 wrote:Sounds like a return from a JRTC rotation down at Fort Polk, LA.
Give the man a cigar!

Have a friend on post who confirmed that.
 #1502966  by tree68

Apparently there was a problem, possibly involving the KCS locomotives. Might have been a track issue. I have no further details. The same friend sent a photo of the locos stopped in the middle of the Conway Road crossing, rather tying things up, traffic-wise...
 #1503006  by tree68

Based on some radio traffic I heard while in Watertown this evening, the KCS units may be headed south on Q621. No promises, though. I didn't hear the DS issue an EC1 so I can't say for sure.