Railroad Forums 

• Private equipment collection at Colonie and Glenmont

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1305435  by thebigham

The Alco S2 is being listed at RailSwap:

http://railswap.org/osc/classifieds/ind ... em&id=1870" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Parting out ALCO S2 in Upstate NY. Whole locomotive can be had as well. Would prefer large components stay complete. Must be gone by December 16th.

New pics are here:

http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 85e9b8a440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brush has been cut away from around the equipment
 #1325200  by Sir Ray

Alcoman, are there real reasons you see why the people selling the equipment haven't yet parted it out? Sounds like they could get ready money for the parts and scrap the rest at a decent price.
BTW, does the sale of D&H to NS affect this in anyway?

Real reasons, please - not they're dumb or whatever.
Maybe infighting among the group? Misplaced grandiose plans? Holding out for unrealistic prices?
 #1330674  by Jeff Smith

John_Perkowski wrote:Admin Note:

Closed until Otto can have a look at this thread.
Reopened. No further ad hominem attacks will be tolerated; immediate suspensions will be issued. Argue the point, don't attack the person.
 #1331335  by thebigham

Alcoman wrote:
2014 12 15_0130_edited-5.jpg
This was taken 2 weeks ago in December. Who are these people working on the locomotive and car?
Someone just posted pics of the equipment on Facebook from yesterday.

It's all still there in the same spots.
 #1331362  by traingeek8223

Still nothing new to report. Just more phone calls and bureaucracy. I was on the site (with permission) last week and took more photos. Little has changed so I did not post any of photos.
 #1333349  by traingeek8223

S2 in Colonie is being scrapped as I type.

Just to clear up some confusion that may exist, neither myself or my organization is involved in anything happening on this site at this point. I am just reporting information forwarded to me.